You have the right to request a copy of the information the Office of the Rt. Hon Priti Patel MP holds about you, ask how and why it is being processed, or request that the processing of your data is restricted or stopped, or for your data to be corrected or erased.
In all cases, in order to process a Subject Access Request, we will require the following information:
- A copy of the Subject Access Request Form (Click to download: Word Format, PDF Format )
- Photo identification of the data subject. The Office will accept copies of the following:
- A current signed passport photo page
- A current UK or EEA photo card driving licence
- An accredited ID card bearing the PASS hologram e.g. Citizen Card
- A national identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant
- Proof of address of the data subject. We accept copies of the following:
- A current UK or EEA photo card driving licence (if it has not been used as proof of identification)
- A utility bill issued within the last three months (this does not include mobile phone bills)
- A local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year
- A bank, building society or credit union statement or passbook dated within the last three months
- A solicitors letter dated within the last three months confirming a recent house purchase or land registry confirmation of address.
Please DO NOT send the Office original documentation. Once we have verified your identity, the copies of the information you have provided us will be securely destroyed.
You can send completed forms and attachments via email to: [email protected] or in the post to the following address: The Office of the Rt. Hon Priti Patel MP, House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA.
If you have previously submitted a Subject Access Request, we will still require you to fill out the form and to provide identification again.
We will not accept a Subject Access Request completed by a third party; data subjects will need to complete the request themselves.
Once we have received your request, proof of identification and proof of address, we are required to respond to you within 30 days. If we feel that your request will take longer than 30 days, we are allowed to extend it by a further 60 days in line with the General Data Protection Regulation. If this is the case, you will be notified in writing within the original 30 day period. We reserve the right to charge a handling fee for subject access requests if we believe that the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
If you are unhappy with how we have handled your subject access request, you have the right to appeal to the Information Commissioner’s Office.